Our Powder Coating Line
- Clean edges, surfaces designs with pearlescent finishes.
- Endless color combinations for designs in office, store fixture, toilet partitions and garages in heat and water resistant finishes.
- Funder Powder Coating: Your answer to design flexibility and quality for powder coated MDF parts.
Powder coating has proved its strength for decades in the surface finishing of metals and today it is acknowledged as a robust, cost efficient and environmental friendly technology.
However, the industrial powder coating of MDF experienced substantial difficulties in the past, which were overcome now by using low temperature fast curing powders and a new combination oven using infrared and hot air to melt and cure the powder.
Considering these parameters the technology of powder coated MDF has become a technically and economically attractive alternative to wet lacquering and PVC foil lamination. It shows enormous potential with regard to economic efficiency, surface toughness plus the availability of a wide spectrum of color designs and effects, while being environmentally friendly with zero emissions.
Funder's MDF Powder Coating Two Coat Systems
Produces high quality seamless all around coatings with all kinds of egde and surface profiles. A virtually unlimited choice of colors and different surface textures can be obtained. In contrast to liquid paints the whole spectrum of micro, fine and rough textures can be easily realized with powder coatings.
Powder coating MDF affords designers the option to explore new and different shapes, contoured with various edge profiles to meet today’s demand for flexibility and fashion design.
MDF Powder Coating Benefits and Advantages
For the coating of MDF, powder coatings with highly reactive thermal curing chemistries have been developed for commercial use.
- Cost Efficiency: The powder coating process out performs wet lacquering and PVC foil lamination in terms of economic efficiency. By comparison, the average material efficiency with liquid paints is only 35% as any over-spray cannot be recovered; application with powder coatings achieves efficiencies of up to 98% as over-spray is reclaimed to be reused. Production losses for the thermofoil used in PVC lamination process can amount to more than 50%.
- Toughness: Powder coatings feature high mechanical durability and chemical resistance exceeding the properties of liquid paints in most instances. PVC foil lamination being thermoplastic material is considerable inferior in terms of scratch resistance and in addition can lead to de-lamination on edges.
- Other: Seamless coating that is highly water and heat resistance, Can be supplied to many different shapes and sized components
Large color selection with solid, hammer tone, metallic or pearlescent textured finishes, Coat front and back at the time with same color and application, Unlimited edge profiles, High resistance to stains and affects of UV from direct sunlight.
Environmentally friendly coating, with no VOC emissions from powder coating, Powder coatings unlike wet lacquers do not contain any solvents or volatile organic compounds. They produce zero emissions, no hazardous paint sludge is generated and no expensive treatment or disposal is required. Powders used in our process are manufactured without the use of toxicologically harmful lead, cadmium or mercury containing pigments.